Leading Self @ School
Want to know how to lead yourself at school? Want to know how to enjoy your schooling like a sport or music you love the most? Want to know about the power of creative thinking? Want to know about the mental viruses which can harm your life? Want to build antivirus for your mind ? Want to know about your true potential and self-belief? Finally, want to be successful and happy in life?
If the answer is “YES”, take a step back and see what you understand about the role of parents and teachers in life…. Before getting started let’s acknowledge that we are, where we and what we are because of our parents and teachers. Our parents and teachers lay the foundation for our lives. Without foundations, no building can stand therefore always have the greatest of gratitude and respect for parents and teachers. The one who does not regard parents and teachers can never be successful and happy in life. Trust you all understand that nothing comes for free in life, if not no better time to realize than now. Everything you are getting free in life is not free but because of your parents efforts. Your parents work hard and make sacrifices to send you to school for education. Sun gives you light during day time and moon, lights and candles can give you light during nights but “knowledge” alone has the power in this world to give us light for life, be it day or night. Without education and knowledge our lives would be filled with darkness even in the brightest of sun and greatest of lighting. Therefore, always remember the sacrifices of your parents and teachers if you want to be successful in life. If you are convinced with the above and looking forward to enjoy your schooling and life like a sport you love the most, take the journey ahead…. Take a look at the picture below for a couple of minutes and see what you can make of it?
Success and leadership is a package not just a few traits.
Your mind is your greatest asset and only you can guard it. If you don’t protect,
it will become your greatest liability.
*Exceptions are ok once a while but they should not become a norm. You must always be alert. As soon as such thoughts come to your mind, kick it or block it vigilantly. They keep coming at you stronger and you got to keep blocking and kicking harder. There are no two things in life, either you control virus or let virus control you. It’s a continuous tussle in your head and you got to play football with those negative thoughts. If you miss one of those balls it will be a self-goal for you. Even one thought penetrating your antivirus will cause harm to you. It’s like one bad fish which can spoil the entire lake. *Unless you develop a robust and strong antivirus the chances of you staying success are slim. Your mind is your greatest asset and only you can guard it. If you don’t protect, it will become your greatest liability.
Thoughts which have the seeds of potential virus>>Thoughts of unhappiness, sorrow, fear, disbelief, frustration, lack of confidence, lack of self-belief, lack of self-esteem, lack of direction and purpose, not now, not today, maybe tomorrow, have a lot of time, it’s ok to break it once, not in the mood, let me sleep, exercise is no priority, I’m in good health; it’s ok to eat & drink junk, studies is no big deal for a few days etc. contain inherent seeds of virus and act as decelerating agents so be mindful of these all the time.
*There are no two drivers in life; either you drive virus out or let virus drive you.
Antivirus for the mind: At a given time mind can hold only one thought; that is how the mind works. Just say to yourself “no virus please” when such thoughts happen to you or alternatively replace a virus thought with a good thought, a positive thought. You got understand and watch how the mind works and play the sport by the rules. When people throw demotivating comments at you; your antivirus must be alert to detect and block them right there at the entrance. Just make it habit to not accept unnecessary and junk gifts from people with a smile. Remember, getting angry and losing your balance is also virus (negative) hence a “No thank you” must be handy in your mind to such thoughts. Replacing negative with positive thought(s) is the simple remedy if you fail to detect some virus but a little hard to implement in the beginning. It’s more or less same like learning to ride a bicycle. Initial few times it seems so tough to ride the bicycle but eventually with practice you learn. It’s the same with blocking and replacing virus as well. Play it as your favorite sport because that is the only way you can play it all your life.
*Remember, it’s either you or virus which is in control of your life. Without antivirus protection, your life will get corrupt and lose direction and purpose.
Building antivirus for mind is like a marathon run or a 24/7 football match, play it like your favorite sport and enjoy; health, happiness and success will follow.
4. Guru or Teachers - Guru is a Sanskrit word and is formed by the syllables gu and ru. Gu indicates darkness, and ru indicates destruction, guru means "dispeller of darkness". Without guru's, our lives will be filled with darkness even in the brightest of sun. Always, have the greatest of gratitude and respect for parents and teachers.
Creator cannot teach everyone, everything hence he created teachers.
5. Purpose and direction in life - Find a purpose and direction for your life. It is fine to take extra time to make this decision but be clear in your mind about the purpose and direction you want to head for the rest of your life. It will be one of the biggest and best decisions you would ever take in your life. Know what you want in life and where you want to see yourself. Knowing what your interests and priorities are and what you love to do in life is fundamental to success.
Knowing ones interests, likes and priorities early in life and sticking to it all thru is the simplest way to success and happiness
The biggest irony about human beings is; everyone knows where they are going and why, when they step out of their homes everyday but when it comes to knowing where one wants to go in life, most people are unclear and have no answers. When it comes to journey of life, most people are just hopping from one road to another with no clear vision and direction in their mind. They are taking the road which is convenient and easy to pick without giving it serious thought. This is one of the biggest reasons why most people are unhappy and miserable.
“Our prime purpose in this life is to help others, And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them” – Dalai Lama
*For more, read the complete “leading self” hand guide and presentation for schools. Thank you for joining the leading self moment.
1. Knowing and believing in self is the first step to the path of success.
2. I equals to Infinite in potential.
3. Know your areas of inherent interests, likes and priorities.
4. Choices we make, makes us (good or bad).
5. There are no short cuts to success but many to failures.
6. Everything comes with a price, to grow; you must labor and cultivate self.
7. All your actions must be guided with right motives to be on the path of growth.
8. Path of conscious and continuous learning is the way to realize one’s true potential.
9. If you don’t believe in yourself nobody else will.
10. All negatives thoughts in mind are viruses which can destroy your life.
11. Building antivirus for mind is a like marathon run or 24/7 football match, play it like your favorite sport and enjoy; health, happiness and success will follow.
12. Your mind is your greatest asset; protect it else it will become your greatest liability.
13. Without antivirus protection, your life will get corrupt and lose direction and purpose.
14. It’s not what we have but what we do with what we have.
15. No substitute for self-effort, smart work & creativity should complement hard work.
16. A life without purpose and direction is a life without a meaning.
17. Happiness is a choice; learn to be happy and positive by choice.
18. Being healthy, happy & positive is fundamental to everything we do in life.
19. Not just the end goal but the path you chose is equally important.
20. If you don’t respect & tolerate people for what they are, people won’t respect you for what you are